Preserving one of Boston's true landmarks.
The Trinity Church, located at 206 Clarendon Street, is one of Boston’s most historically significant structures. Designed by Henry Hobson Richardson in 1868, the Trinity Church represents the height of the Richardson Romanesque architectural style named after him.
Patriot Restoration was charged with restoring numerous distressed sections of the property, including the Northwest Tower, Northeast Turret, West Porch’s main entrance, and its statuary. The historical statues and intricate carvings were deteriorating, in part, due to water infiltration as a result of deteriorated mortar joints. Patriot worked closely with architect Goody Clancy to remove and replace these joints and perform stabilization repairs to protect the statuary for future generations.
The scope of work performed throughout the property included facade cleaning, brownstone Dutchman repairs, repointing of all masonry joints, crack repair, and sealants associated with roofing replacement. Patriot also performed over 300 Dutchman repairs with structural pinning, masonry reconstruction, masonry repointing, cleaning, and terra cotta repair.